5. Italy encountered a minor setback in their preparation for the world cup after suffering a lose to Spain. Italy did not necessarily play poorly, but they had a tough time guarding Spain’s David Silva. David Silva had great attacking play during the second half. Italy took a tough loss to one of the best teams in the world. To get ready for the World Cup Italy needs to focus on improving their left side.
4. Germany struggled against the high pressing chilean system but once they were in their attacking third of the field, Germany was very lethal. Mario Goetze scored the only goal of the match to secure his team the win. Germany have a very strong team and I think they will make it very far in the World Cup.
3. Argentina played poorly and ended up with a 0-0 draw against Romania. Leonel Messi was sick on the pitch and Sergio Aguero was ineffective. Argentina’s two big stars, Messi and Aguero, had tough games and are going to need to improve if they want to go far in the world cup. Romania ended up creating more chances to score overall. Argentina are considered lucky to have gotten away with a draw.
2. Pedro scored the only goal of the match to secure the win over Italy. Spain’s win also reaffirmed belief in the chances of winning and doing well in Brazil this summer. The Barcelona winger slotted away the goal after some great interplay by Andres Iniesta and David Silva. It will be fun to see how the defending World Cup champions are going to do this year.
1. A remarkable hat trick was scored by Neymar in a 5-0 win over South Africa. Brazil has a young but incredibly skilled team and they are now ready for the World Cup. Brazil is always a great soccer team and always have the potential to win the world cup. Brazil are going full speed ahead and I can not wait to see how they perform against the top countries in the world.